SERVPRO of Baldwin and Monroe offers carpet cleaning recommendations! Check them out!
Call the professionals anytime for a quick carpet refresher!
SERVPRO of Baldwin and Monroe recommends commercial building owners who have carpeted areas or rugs to have them cleaned at least once a year. SERVPRO professionals are specialists in assisting commercial building owners with cleaning as well as water and fire restoration.
The value of properly cleaning and maintaining carpets:
1) Prolongs the life of the carpet fiber. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor-covering investment.
2) Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
3) Makes carpets easier to maintain. Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming.
4) Removes spots and stains. As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Removing them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
5) Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants.
6) Enhances the appearance of any room. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home or facility.
7) Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is clean. This includes the carpeting.
8) Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
9) Removes dust mites and bedbugs that may have found a home in carpets.
10) Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
For more information call SERVPRO of Baldwin and Monroe at 478-452-8000.
To see or not to see, that is the question!
When it comes to dirt, it often masks itself in very inconspicuous ways, making it very hard to see when things are getting tainted. Most commercial carpets come in a blended pattern or knit making it difficult to see even the heaviest of stain. Although you're not able to see the traffic areas, they're there, screaming for you to clean them. Lying between your shoe sole and the carpet is a melting pot of germs, bacteria, mold spores, pollution and chemicals. All of these are naked to the human eye, but out of sight doesn't mean out of mind. In fact, the air you breath inside your home and office is filled with this contamination, so it's imperative to your health and the health of those around you that you have your carpets cleaned on a regular basis.
The following list is courtesy of Carlo Ruggiero, a social blogger and “green” aficionado.
“Here are the top 5 potential health issues associated with not cleaning your carpets.
1. Damp carpets can cause asthma.
The Kuopio Regional Institute of Occupational Health conducted a recent study which conclusively found that damp carpets increased the incidences of asthma in an environment where people were constantly exposed to the carpet. Organisms known as volatile organic compounds and microbial growth were found able to flourish in an unclean, damp carpet, and the results were increased cases of bronchial asthma, one of the deepest forms of the disease.
2. Dirty carpets house dust mites.
Dirty carpets are well known to be a breeding ground for dust mites, in the same way that dirty hair is a breeding ground for lice. Dust mites feed off of the same fungi, bacteria, and human skin cells that naturally filter into a carpet and stay if the carpet is not cleaned on a regular basis. Studies have also shown that most people are allergic to dust mites, and as they die, their carcasses are inhaled by humans who come into contact with the dirty carpet. Inhalation of the dead bodies has been known to cause rashes, and eye and nose irritation.
3. Dirty carpets house mould.
Mold has not been proven to link to asthmatic attacks, but this does not mean that mold does not cause humans great discomfort if left unattended. Bacteria and allergens which live on the mold can build up on uncared-for carpeting, and when ingested, can cause allergies to surface via the respiratory system. Worse problems can arise if the body succumbs to the bacteria which live on the mold spores, which it is especially prone to do if already weakened by another disease. If you are experiencing cold-like symptoms more often than normal, it is most likely time to get your carpet cleaned.
4. Athlete’s foot.
As before mentioned, dirty carpets house an incredible number of parasitic organisms which, if ingested into the respiratory system, can cause a number of health issues. The dust, fungi, and other organisms are kicked back into the air by movement on the carpet. However, another risk arises even if the movement on the carpet is not violent enough to move the organisms into the air, they can still cause athlete’s foot by entering the body through tiny cuts in the foot.
More serious health issues can arise if the body is exposed to too many mycotoxins, which dirty carpets are an attractive environment for. Buildings are a source of mycotoxins and people living or working in areas with mold increase their chances of adverse health effects. These can range from stomach infections to fatality, depending on the initial health of the exposed person, or over time, as the mycotoxins wear down the body’s defenses. For example, Stachybotrys chartarum contains a higher number of mycotoxins than other molds grown in the indoor environment and has been associated with allergies and respiratory inflammation.”
SERVPRO recommends a seasonal cleaning, and we can guarantee a cleaner, healthier environment to work and play. Our highly trained professionals use a hot water extraction thus eliminating any unwanted germs and funk that's been tracked in on your floors. We service all types of carpets and even clean hard floor surfaces as well!
If you've not scheduled a carpet cleaning lately, give us a call and let us help. Make the environment around you a healthy one!