5 Reasons To Board and Tarp After Roof Damage
Roof damage in Loganville, GA is not uncommon after a major weather event, such as heavy storms. Unfortunately, some homeowners do not take steps immediately after an event to prevent the damage from worsening. However, tarping or boarding could potentially help mitigate the damages. In addition to preventing further damage to the roof, there are five other reasons to use boards or tarps.
1. The cost of the repair can increase. The longer the damaged roof is left exposed to environmental elements, the more damage can occur. Potentially preventable problems could lead to a balloon in your costs.
2. The home is vulnerable to vandals. Depending on the extent of the damage to your roof, there is a possibility that vandals and robbers could gain access to your home and destroy or steal your possessions. Tarping and boarding your home could be the deterrent you need.
3. Unwanted pests could enter your home. Pests, such as roaches and rodents, can sometimes find their way into your home through openings that are left by wind damage and roof damage.
4. Guests could be injured by the roof. Until the roof has been professionally assessed by restoration specialists and properly boarded and tarped, anyone who visits your home could be at risk of injury from falling parts from the roof. One incident could lead to a lawsuit or a claim against your homeowner’s insurance.
5. Your insurance provider may require mitigation. Depending on your insurance policy, there could be a provision that requires you to take steps to mitigate the damage to your roof. If you fail to act, your claim may be denied or the settlement offer reduced.
By acting immediately to mitigate your roof damage in Loganville, GA you could potentially save on the costs of repairs and avoid more serious consequences that can result from waiting. To ensure the boarding and tarping are properly done, work with experienced restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Baldwin and Monroe.