Causes of Water Damage
Water damage occurs when excess water begins to pool in areas where it shouldn’t. Many different factors can create this excess water and thereby contribute to water damage.
When you are aware of the potential causes, you can take precautionary measures to help insure against a leak or flood. You will also be able to spot a problem as soon as it arises and nip it in the bud before it has a chance to cause any additional damage.
The more quickly you notice the problem, the less work the water extraction and water damage restoration company will have to fix.
Causes of water damage include:
- Bursting or leaking pipes
- Issues with the plumbing system
- Buildup in areas prone to collecting water, such as crawl spaces, attics and basements
- Faulty or malfunctioning household appliances
- HVACs (Heating, ventilating and air conditioning units) issues
- Natural disasters and other weather-related water problems
No matter what the issue, you can call the experts at SERVPRO of Baldwin and Monroe to make it look "Like it never even happened"!