Wind Damaged Roof in Social Circle?
Storm damage can happen at any time of the year in Social Circle. High winds can cause damage to the roofs of homes and businesses, but there are ways to minimize the potential for roof damage. SERVPRO® of Monroe, Madison & Monticello mitigates and restores storm damage 24-hours a day. Here are some tips for making your roof less vulnerable to wind damage from State Farm Insurance:
- Strong winds can cause shingles to peel off, especially if edge shingles are not well secured or the adhesive on their tabs has failed
- A roofing professional can evaluate your roof, and if needed, additional roofing cement can be added under each tab to help keep the shingles attached during a high-wind event
- The shingles should be attached to roof decking of solid 5/8-inch-thick plywood
- The roof decking should be attached to the roof framing using 8 diameter ring shank nails and a secondary water barrier created by installing self-adhering flashing tape over the joints in the roof deck
- For greater resistance to wind uplift, apply a bead of construction adhesive along both sides of the intersection between the roof decking and the rafters or trusses. Your roofing professional can provide you with information about additional safeguards.
Call Us Today!
When your Social Circle home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Monroe, Madison & Monticello is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 770-267-0023. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”